Conference Date: 5 ~ 7 May 2022 (Thu ~ Sat)
Conference Venue: Dankook University Jukjeon Campus, Republic of Korea
- Han-character education: including theoretical frameworks, teaching and learning materials, pedagogical strategies, information technology in Han character education, evaluation, etc.
- Research on Han-characters: including history, philology, theoretical studies, annotation, graphemic analysis, etc.
- Han-character Classical works (Classical Chinese) education: including theoretical frameworks, teaching and learning materials, pedagogical strategies, information technology in Han character education, evaluation, etc.
- Other related areas /topics.
|May 5 (Thu)||May 6 (Fri)||May 7 (Sat)||May 8 (Sun)|
Opening & Plenary Speeches (1)
|Parallel sessions (2)||The cultural exploration (optional; self-funded)|
|Afternoon||Postgraduate Student Forum||Parallel sessions (1)||Plenary Speeches (2) & Closing|
* Participants who wish to join the cultural exploration on May 8, please indicate your participation in advance when you register online. The organizer will include the date of the tour accordingly in your invitation letter.
* As there is a limitation on the number of participants for the cultural exploration, the organizer has a final decision on this arrangement.
|Important Dates & Procedure of Abstract Submission
31 December 2021 : Abstract submission deadline
Abstracts (including title and keywords) should be written in English or Chinese within 600 – 800 words.
The abstract should summarize the purpose of the study, methods, major findings with evidence/examples.
Please submit the abstract through our online system for review by the submission deadline.
online system URL http://www.han-character.education/IHER/index.php/submission/
31 January 2022 : Notification of abstract acceptance
The review result of abstract proposals will be notified the participants via email and announced on conference website.
31 January 2022 – 20 February 2022 : Online registration
25 February 2022 : Distribution of invitation Letters to participants
20 April 2022 : Submission deadline of (if any) revised abstract and/or paper.
* The organizer will have a final notice on 31 January 2022 to confirm whether the conference will be required to convert from ‘face-to-face’ to hybrid mode (‘face-to-face’ and online) subject to the latest situation of COVID-19 and related measures.
* The full paper and/or (if any) revised abstract shall be submitted by 22 April 2022. Submission of full Paper is not compulsory. The paper should be your original work, except where due acknowledgement is made, and it has not been previously published. If the authors agree (please tick the related box on the online registration form), the paper will be submitted to “Journal of International Han-character Education and Research 《漢字與漢文教育研究》學術期刊（IHER, pISSN 2672-1902, eISSN 2672-1341）at the same time for double-blind peer review. Accepted papers will be published in the aforementioned journal in October/November. For details of the journal, please visit the website <http://iher.nayana.kr/index.php/IHER>.
*The abstract will be published in CNKI(中國知網). Presenters who don’t want to publish should indicate on your online registration form.
Presentation session plan
Oral presentation (About 40minutes for each session)
Poster presentation (About 10minutes for each session)
Postgraduate Student Forum. (About 40minutes for each session)
*After deliberation by the conference organizing committee, it can be assigned to oral presentations, poster presentations, and postgraduate student forum.
– The official languages of this conference are English and Chinese(Mandarin).
– If you present in mother tongue, please make the presentation PPT in English or Chinese.
-The Conference Organizer will provide Korean-Chinese interpretation service for two days at the conference.
Each participant USD 150 (including Conference program, Conference proceedings, tea reception, two conference lunches and one conference dinner)
Special offer for:
·Students: USD 100#
·Accompanying guests: USD 100
# For student registration, once your online registration has been completed, please send a scanned copy of your Student ID Card or other supporting document to email@example.com for verification.
* Accommodation and traveling expenses must be covered by the participants.
Participants have to arrange their accommodation on their own.
The Organizer will provide the hotel information on conference website later.
Institute for Han-Character Education Research, Dankook University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Institute for Han-Character Education Research, Dankook University. Chul, Heo, Haeyoon, Lee (email@example.com)
Centre for Advancement of Chinese Language Education and Research, Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong. Vivian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Conference is co-hosted by:
Institute for Han-Character Education Research, Dankook University
Center for Chinese Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Centre for Advancement of Chinese Language Education and Research (CACLER), Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong
Department of Applied Chinese and graduate institute of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages
Ethnic Research Centre for Folklore, Classics and Chinese Characters, Beijing Normal University
Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University
Graduate Institute of Teaching Chinese as a Second / Foreign Language, Kaohsiung Normal University
Ho Chi Minh City University of Education
Institute for Sinographic Literature and Philology, Korea University